When seeking surgical procedures in a foreign county, a common misperception is the role between travel agencies and medical tourism service agencies. This misperception is somewhat understandable, given that both agencies assist with travel arrangements, such as airline reservations, hotel reservations, and provide pertinent information about the destination. Yet the similarities stop there.
Planning and arranging a medical retreat is in no way like planning a vacation or a business trip. It is a very serious matter and could ultimately mean the difference between a safe, stress-free, and successful medical outcome or a total disastrous nightmare.
Medical Tourism Service Agencies:
Medical tourism service agencies are highly specialized agencies whose core competencies revolve around the safe outcome of their client’s medical procedures in foreign countries.
Specialized Services Include:
- Researching hospitals and performing in-depth site inspections to insure quality
- Maintains close relationships with hospitals and hotel staff
- Digitization and seamless transfer of x-Rays, MRIs, and CT Scans to foreign hospital
- Provides complete medical itinerary
- Passport/Visa assistance
- Always available – 24/7, 365 days/year
- Has a patient facilitation process in place to best guarantee safe outcomes
- Supported by over 40 emails of information about planning and implementation
- Destination airport pick-up and drop-off
- Supplies in-depth information about destination country and their local culture
- Destination Program Managers to assist you from arrival till departure
- Ground transportation to and from hospital, hotel and doctor appointments
- Communication tools for remaining in constant contact with family and friends
- Has experience in assisting recuperating patients
- Has many former clients to serve as references
These are just a few of the services that a reputable medical tourism service agency offers. So hopefully you see that if you are planning a medical retreat abroad there is tremendous value in working with an experienced medical tourism service agency.